The Center for Transforming Lives Early Head Start is seeking an experienced Family Advocate to join our fast paced growing team.
Responsible for the implementation of dual generation services that will help families break the cycle of poverty by providing case management, advocacy skills, crisis intervention, skills training and linkage to resources to move families from poverty to independence.
Responsible for providing home, community and office visits to improve the financial self-sufficiency and security, housing stability and healthy living patterns of families enrolled in Early Head Start Services at Center for Transforming Lives. Will work with the family to maximize the family well-being to support the ability of young children to develop and learn age appropriate and school readiness skills. Responsible for implementing services that enhance opportunity for families to achieve financial self-sufficiency.
- Provide case management services for families enrolled in Early Head Start at CTL Child Development Centers in order to assist the family in increasing healthy living patterns, financial security and housing stability.
- Maintain regular ongoing contact with parents through home or site visits, follows up on service plans, provides support to families and monitors their progress towards financial self-sufficiency and related goals.
- Address non-healthy living patterns that interfere with financial security and housing stability through assessment, service coordination, overcoming obstacles and goal setting.
- Establish collaborative relationships with Child Development Center classroom teachers, community partners and social service providers to assure that basic, social and psychological needs of the family are met.
- Conduct the Family Advocacy intake process, completing all paper and electronic documentation for families who are referred for Family Advocacy Services.
- Work with administrative personnel at the Child Development Centers, particularly the Center Director, to ensure that families access follow-up services recommended as a result of ASQ screenings and assessments and observations within the classrooms.
- Establish trusting, comfortable working relationships with families enrolled in Family Services. Empowers and encourages families to make use of all identified resources and to participate fully in the program.
- Maintain confidentiality of information in accordance with Center for Transforming Lives Policy and Procedure regarding confidentiality and privacy of paper and electronic records.
- Maintain current level of certification/licensure and continue to enhance professional skills through training and education.
- Maintain documentation of all assessment, goal setting and service delivery actions for individuals and families, including entry into electronic and hard copy files.
- Attend and fully participate in education sessions, Center for Transforming Lives meetings, collaborative partnership meeting.
- Other activities that are identified as necessary in order to effectively accomplish the role of Family Advocate at Center for Transforming Lives.
Bachelor degree in family services, human services, social work, counseling or related field is required. Master’s degree in mentioned related fields is preferred. A minimum of three years of
experience providing comprehensive case management services to families is also preferred. Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
This positon is an exempt position and offers competitive compensation and benefits; salary commensurate with experience, education and fit for the position and within team.
Please send resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com
The Center for Transforming Lives disrupts the cycle of poverty for women and their children through homeless services, early childhood education and economic mobility. Founded in 1907, CTL employs 170 professionals focused on building better futures for 1,200 women and their children in Tarrant County.
Center for Transforming Lives is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and participates in E-Verify
For more information, please visit www.transforminglives.org